We've been doing a lot of driving but it has been worth every minute. They call Africa the cradle of life but the things I've seen today give me doubts. We managed to be in Arizona the only time it ever rains but it couldn't ruin our trip. We got caught in a down pour as we were hiking down the Mesa Blue Trail which is like an alien landscape. Large mounds of blues, purples, white and maroon clay with deposits of petrified wood. The rain was creating streams of white to flow down into the valley. The wind was so strong that the we were not only getting covered in water but clay as well. Couldn't risk taking the camera down for close ups so you'll have to imagine it I'm afraid. The yellow of the grass is like sunshine even with the rain.
We did get a break and you can see the blue sky trying to poke through. I recommend everyone take the time to visit America even if it is just to see the painted desert. Steve and I want to come back to do the full hiking experience.......that's right me hiking. Oh and that tiny little figure in the distance is Steve.
Sunday, 27 January 2013
Wiz of the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
didn't i tell you it was awesome? didn't i tell you?
ReplyDelete